High performance plastics are valued for their excellent properties, and used in many demanding applications. High performance plastics such as PEEK, PEI, PSU, FEP and PTFE are characterised by their extraordinary properties in various areas. High performance plastics are primarily used where high demands are placed on the mechanics, the chemical or thermal resistance or on the slippage of the products. PEEK, especially, is an excellent metal substitute for medical applications where the biocompatibility of the material is important. Another example of the high demands on the plastic is the multiple sterilisation cycle with hot steam which are usually only possible with metal-based materials. Even the extremely high pressure requirements for thin-walled extrusions can only be achieved by using high performance plastics.
|I Deal In||New Only|
|Usage||mechanical parts and electronic parts|
Polysulfone is a semi-transparent amorphous thermoplastic with an amber tint that retains its properties between −100 °C and 150 °C. Polysulfone is outstanding where long term service in hot water environments and repeated steam sterilization is needed. High rigidity and tensile impact encourage the use of polysulfone in demanding applications as compared to polycarbonate. The combined chemical and steam resistance makes it a good material for food-service applications. In addition, the material has excellent radiation stability and is available in USP Class VI-rated resins, which make it an ideal material for the medical and pharmaceutical processing industries.
· Continuous use temperature 160OC (PSU) & 180OC (PES,PPSU)
· Consistent electrical properties
· Good impact resistance to 100OC
· Heat distortion temperature 175OC (PSU), 200OC (PES, PPSU)
· Low moisture absorption
· Excellent radiation resistance
· Chemically resistant to acid and salt solutions, detergents, most alcohols, inorganic bases, aliphatic hydrocarbons
· Exceptional hydrolytic stability, 99 % tensile strength retention after 10 day immersion in boiling water (PPSU)
Medical equipment, food processing, petroleum, electrical, semiconductor
Centrifuge and blood meter components, trays, membranes, handles, scraper blades, filler heads, fluid containers and microwave cookware, petroleum down hole components, sensor housings, electrical/electronic coil bobbins, connectors, circuit boards, chip carriers, relays,
switches, pin grid arrays and terminal blocks
· Not inherently UV stable
· Chemically susceptible to most machining lubricants, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, acetates, esters, ketones and concentrated acids.
· Not recommended for sliding applications
Sheets: 1 mm – 100 mm thickness x various sizes.
Rods: 6 mm – 100 mm diameter x 1200 mm long
|Moulded Parts Type||customize|
|Brand||Royal Hardware Mart|
Polyetheretherketone (PEEK) is a highly crystalline thermoplastic with outstanding mechanical, chemical resistance properties that are retained at high temperatures.. Due to its unique blend of properties it finds numerous applications in most demanding hi-tech industries, chemical processing, medical equipment, pump & compressor components. The thermal conductivity increases nearly linearly versus temperature between room temperature and solidus temperature.
· Continuous use temperature 250OC
· Excellent mechanical properties at elevated temperatures
· Excellent electrical properties over a wide range of temperature
· Good mechanical strength at elevated temperature
· Chemical resistance to organic solvents and aqueous solutions
· Excellent thermal and oxidation resistance
· Self-extinguishing (UL – 94) V – 0 @ 0.057” thickness
· Excellent gamma ray radiation
· Good wear resistance
Aerospace, automotive, chemical, defense, electrical & electronics, medical & pharmaceuticals, oilfield, food processing, semiconductor.
Gears, pump spares, seals, valve seats, bushes & bearings, distribution valves, insulation materials, scrap blades, compressor vanes, chip carriers, thrust washers
· Load bearing capacity falls significantly above 150OC
· Sensitive to strong minerals acids, halogens, ketones, phenol
· Needs UV Protection
· Natural PEEK
· PEEK GF (30% Glass reinforced material)
· PEEK CF (30% Carbon fiber filled)
· PEEK LF (Bearing grade)
Sheets: 1 mm – 50 mm thickness x various sizes.
Rods: 6 mm – 100 mm diameter x 1000 mm long
|Form||RODS AND SHEETS|
ULTEM is an amber transparent high performance polymer which combines high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures with long term heat resistance. Other features include flame retardant making it suitable for aircraft and aerospace applications. Good chemical resistance and FDA compliance leads to numerous applications. Ultem offers excellent dimensional stability combined with broad chemical resistance. Ultem is also inherently flame resistant and low smoke generating. It excels in medical reusable applications requiring repeated sterilization.