Polyester finds wide range of uses in food processing, electrical engineering, high precision parts and heavily loaded parts wear applications due to low moisture absorption, high wear & creep resistance and good mechanical strength. There are two types of Polyester products available. PBT possesses higher strength & elongation whereas PET has lower load bearing capacity.
· Very good dimensional stability due to extremely low moisture absorption
· Higher wear resistance
· Very good mechanical strength
· Higher stiffness and hardness
· Very good creep resistance
· Lower coefficient of friction
· Food Grade
· UV resistance & good acid resistance
Material handling, electronics, medical equipment, textile equipment, bottling, automotive, food processing.
Guides, bushes, gears, rollers, wear liners, pulleys, valve seats
· Not recommended for autoclave (prolong exposure to water above 60OC which reduces properties)
· Chemically attacked by strong acids & strong bases at elevated temperatures, phenol, acetone, bromine, fluorine, chloroform, hydrogen fluoride and methyl fluoride.
· Not recommended for alkaline media.
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET): PET is an ideal material offering best of both nylon and acetal. This material offers higher compressive strength and creep resistance coupled with better dimensional stability compared to acetal and better wear properties compared to nylon. Hence it is ideally suited for heavily loaded precision parts subject to wear.
PET LF: This solid lubricant grade is developed to reduce friction & improve the wear properties. This also exhibits superior stick slip characteristics.
POLYBUTYLENE TEREPHTHALATE (PBT): This finds wide range of application in mechanical, electrical, medical equipment because of its excellent chemical resistance, dielectric strength, physiologically safety & dimensional stability. This cable is used for bushes and precision wear liners.
· Round rods : 5 – 100 mm
· Plates : 5 – 50 mm thickness
· Tubes on request